The big Hillwide2013 Garage Sale day is coming up soon!
Since it’s only on one day for six hours – you only have one shot to make the sale! Make sure your items are presented in their best light. Here are some tips to maximize your revenue:
- Organize: cluster similar items together to make sections (electronics, books, toys); Arrange items that are used together so they may be purchased as a set (dishes and silverware, art supplies)
- Price: sticker everything with a price tag so customers don’t have to wonder. They may assume it’s too much, or get irritated and move on if you’re too busy with another person to answer their question
- Present: Set up your merchandise so that it is easy to see and not too jam-packed on top of each other. Spread out if you can so people can meander thru your sale. Hang clothes on a line or bar. Configure furniture to tell a story (arrange the sofa, table and chair together) so people can visualize themselves using it.
- Clean: Nobody wants to buy dirty stuff, even if it’s cheap. Wash any clothes you have for sale, shine or polish shoes, and wipe down dusty electronics
- Catch their eye: The Hillwide is a HUGE, and buyers have lots of choices. Make sure they are attracted to your yard – put large sexy items near the street (golf clubs, grills, furniture) to get people to stop and take a look
- Make it a Party: Nobody likes to shop at a funeral home, so spice things up. Have refreshments so folks linger. Play music so folks tap their feet and hum along – dancing is encouraged at Hillwide, you know.
But none of this matters if you haven’t registered! REGISTER TODAY!